Building Permits

In 2004 the township adopted the Universal Construction Code for all new construction. A building permit and inspections are required for all new construction, including renovations, remodeling, and additions. Certain renovations and remodeling are exempt, but it is best to contact the Mount Pleasant Township Zoning Officer before beginning any construction project.

  • Driveway Application
  • Res. Building Permit Application
  • Comm. Building Permit Application
  • Dial 8-1-1 Call-Before-You-Dig Telephone Number
Demolition Permits

Before demolition of any building is started, a demolition permit must be issued. Upon issuance of a demolition permit, the county is notified and at some point the county will remove the building from the tax roles thereby reducing the taxes on the property. Note that burning of construction debris is prohibited by DEP regulations and by township ordinance.

  • Demolition Permit
Building Inspections

The township uses the services of a third party inspector, K2 Engineering, to do all residential and commercial inspections. Details will be provided when an application for a building permit is filed.

  • Res. Building Permit Application
  • Comm. Building Permit Application
Mobile Home Removal Permit

A permit is needed to remove a mobile home. The County will be notified so that the tax roles can be adjusted.

  • Mobile Home Removal Permit
Fireworks Permits

By PA State Law, anyone wishing to purchase or display fireworks must first obtain a permit from the local municipality.

Zoning Permits

Zoning Permits and Building Permits are commonly confused. Zoning Permits are generally issued for construction of unattached garages, gazebos, storage sheds, agricultural buildings and the like. These most often do not require inspections, but the dimensional set back distances must be checked to assure that the structure is properly placed from property lines.

  • Zoning Permit Application Residential - 2018
  • Application for Construction Zoning Permit
Sign Permits

Certain types of signs are prohibited and others are permitted. Some signs are exempt, such as political signs, and certain types of real-estate signs. Before erecting any sign, check with the Zoning Officer. Check Chapter 200-39 of the township zoning ordinance which can found under “forms and ordinances” and click on view e-code.